
Dear God,
I thank you for Who you are and what You want to be in and through me...
I thank you that your words are new and fresh each morning and day by day.
I thank you that you know our needs and desires and you are waiting to fulfill and show us the more gracious way.
I thank you for the young man ________ (a scholarship baseball player at UALR) who touched my heart as a visitor to FBC yesterday. May he find You and Your place of service within FBC. Bless us as a people and help us be as I read today-a holy and quiet people. Not quiet as in passiveness but quiet from the clamour of "doing it our way".
Lord, I want to sing praises of Your lovingkindness and justice as stated this morning in Psalm 101. Help me to walk blameless. Lord, I want to be a faithful servant of Yours-and thank You for the promises contained in these verses. Lord as you minister to us-help us to be your ministers in our daily and moment by moment walk.
Lord help us to be cognizant of You and that You have said that in Your house You do not want practicing deceivers or those who speak falsehoods as they have no position before You. Lord I believe that if we would do a study of Your Word we would find Your hatred of deception and deceivers to be an abhorrent to the way you want to work in and through us.
The Spirit produces the fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. (Gal 5:22-23).
From Max Lucado's "Grace For The Moment, Inspirational Thoughts for Each Day..." these remarks from St. Cyprian to his friend (Dona)tus (3rd. Century:
This seems a cheerful world, Donatus, when I view it from this fair garden...But if I climbed some great mountain and looked out...you know very well what I would see; brigands on the high road, pirates on the seas, in the amphitheaters men murdered to please the applauding crowds...
Yet in the midst of it, I have found a quiet and holy people.... They are despised and persecuted, but they care not. They have overcome the world. These people, Donatus, are Christians....
What a compliment! A quiet and holy people....
Quiet....Not obnoxious. Not boastful. Not demanding. Just quiet....
Holy.... Set apart. Pure. Decent. Honest.
Wholesome....
Thank you , Lord Jesus that through you, we can be this kind of people-
Help me to be....
In Jesus Name,
Amen and Amen
Welcome fellow blogger!!! Glad you are doing this! Good thoughts!
ReplyDelete